Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Curiosity usually leads to obsession.

What began as curiosity may have resulted in obsession.

I was once told that people who use search engines only look at the first ten result listings. This peaked my curiosity, I then wanted to run to a computer and see if any of my websites showed up ( and where they rank) when I Google search Nancy Mendoza . The first time I ever "googled" myself, I was astonished by the results. There was 2,090,000 results.
The reason for searching in the first place seemed to momentarily vanish as I began to learn more about the other Nancy Mendoza's.

1. Nancy Mendoza studies Molecular Cellular Biochemistry at the University of Oxford, and has worked as a technician and scientific assistant in various labs. She is twenty-one, and cuts her own hair. Sometimes she dyes it. Most recently it was rainbow-coloured. (more info)

2. Nancy Mendoza is a photographer in the Tulsa area who specializes in all aspects of music photography, favoring live performance photography over any other. I love being able to capture the raw emotion and energy found during live performances." (http://www.myspace.com/nancecam)

3. Next, a Youtube.com page comes up, the video showed still photographs of horses set to music.

4. Nancy Mendoza is the Label Manager for Universal Music Group Latino. This woman is living my dream life . (Nancy Mendoza Video)

What makes me most happy is not finding any websites of a Nancy Mendoza who is a criminal or psychopath. Maybe I just haven't found her yet. I'm proud to say that there are some amazingly successful Nancy Mendoza's out there in the world. Being among the search results of such accomplished women makes me optimistic that I can one day make something of myself.

My IMEEM profile is the fourth result as of (today March 25,2008), my Myspace profile is the ninth listing.

*Google is the most used search engine on the web.
*Googlability is the degree to which an individual index can be referenced.