Monday, March 3, 2008

I almost blew up (car and all)

This happened on Tuesday, March 07, 2006. I am re-posting it from my old blog.

i almost blew up (car and all)
Current mood: distressed
Category: Automotive

so today I had a mass media exam (no big deal), then i fill up my gas tank at the local BP station. I grab some gub and jump on I95 heading home.
Now most of you know that I drive exactly the speed limit not much faster. I was driving behind a cheese wagon (AKA: school bus) and saw a giant piece of cardboard flying towards me, I don't swerve or anything just keep driving normally. Then out from under the school buss comes this think piece of wood that hits the bottom of my car. I think nothing of it and keep on driving.
After everyone honking at me and signaling me I got onto the shoulder (of I95). some hatian guy comes out of his car and tells me to take my shit and run away from the car, cuz fuel was leaking out. He was so hysterical that I grab my bag and get the hell away from my car.
The wood had pierced my gas tank and the gasoline was GUSHING out of the tank.
Crying I call my dad to see what he tells me to do. He's yelling at me like if i did this on purpose to piss him off. I call the police and like 2 minutes later the firerescue and Firetruck (with lots of hot firemen) were with me assesing the damamge and making sure i and my car were going to be ok.
so once FHP is on their way and my dad shows up, the firerescue leaves.
1 minute before the cop pulls onto the highway next to me some dumb ass rubber neckers get into a bad crash flippin a red car. They must have been so consumed in what I was doing on the side of the road that those fuckers hit eachother.
So FHP comes and of course goes to them!
Tow truck finally shows up one hour and a half after calling them, and takes me and my lil bug to my sisters bestfriends auto repair shop. ugh what a shitty day.
then the ying and yang of my life has to balance it's self and a radio station calls me that I won a contest.
at 10am tommorrow I have to drive to hollywood to see a live acoustic concert by the band "hurt".
Luckily my mom is amazing and will loan me her car so i can go with a friend.
ill take lots of pix.
I want to thank everyone who listened to me bitch and cry on the phone today while i was on the side of the road hysterical.
love you all.
NANCY